If you have enquiries about vehicle registration, then contact the DVLA by calling them on the enquiry phone line on 0300 790 6802.
If you want to register your vehicle to make it road legal in the UK, then you need to contact the DVLA, or the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency. This is also what you need to do if you want to secure your licence to drive.
Phone the DVLA about a vehicle
- Call the DVLA on 0300 790 6802 if you’re interested in their vehicle registration services.
- You can also call them on the textphone on 18001 0300 123 1279 if you’re a little hard of hearing.
- To contact them by fax, send your enquiries to 0300 123 0798.
- If you would like to retire a vehicle or if you would like to enquire about SORN or vehicle taxation, then call them on 0300 790 6802.
- To enquire with your textphone, dial: 18001 0300 123 1279.
- To send them a fax regarding your concerns use: 0300 123 0798.
Post to DVLA about Vehicles
You can contact the DVLA by post by writing to:
Vehicle customer services,
Enquire about Driver Licences
For enquiries about driver licences, call them on 0300 790 6801.
If you’re using a textphone, then call them on 18001 0300 123 1278 about driver licences.
You can also send a fax to 0300 123 0784 locally or +44 (0)1792 786 369 abroad.
Call or write to DVLA about Medical Enquiries
If you have developed a medical condition that hinders you from driving, then call the DVLA on 0300 790 6806 to inform them or send them a fax on 0845 850 0095.
If you prefer to write, then send your letter by post to:
Drivers’ medical enquiries,
The DVLA’s Driver Check Service
To use the driver check service of DVLA, call them on 09061 393 837.
DVLA Customer Support in Welsh Telephone Number
Call the DVLA on 0300 790 6819 to speak to their Welsh-speaking support team.
Other Languages Support Telephone Number
If you want to communicate with DVLA in other languages, then call 0906 737 0013 or 0906 737 0012 for vehicle enquiries or driver licence enquiries respectively.
Telephone Number for Vehicular Tests and MOTs
Phone 0300 123 9000 to speak to DVLA about vehicular tests and MOTs.